HUDdle up because it’s time for the weekly online resources round-up. This week, we’re focusing on resources for kids, parents, teachers or summer camp counselors.
All right, let’s jump right in:
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Let’s Go Outside, get great ideas for playing outdoors in nature, discover online games, explore wildlife photos, help fish and wildlife, learn about conservation careers and even how to become a volunteer.
- Activities – NASA Kids’ Club, build a gingerbread robot and make a pop rocket!
- Cities and Towns – Library of Congress, examine how some of America’s cities and towns have changed throughout the years. There are many photos to explore!
- BAM! Body and Mind Teacher’s Corner , incorporate CDC health, safety, and science topics into your classroom. The site also offers your students interactive content to investigate topics for school or for personal interest.
- Beaches – Environmental Protection Agency, plan a trip to the beach, learn about beaches and the issues around them, and understand how we protect beaches.
- From HUD, Kids Next Door, where kids can learn more about being good citizens
For a comprehensive list of resources for kids, go to: http://www.kids.gov
That’s it for today. Have a nice weekend.