I am very excited to announce the winners of the 2010 Sustainable Communities Research Grant (SCRG) Program funds. Each of these organizations has demonstrated a strong commitment to the study of sustainability and their research will help improve the quality of life for millions of Americans.
- Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) – $500,000
- International City/County Management Association (Washington, D.C.) – $284,666
- The National Housing Trust (Washington, D.C.) – $348,696
- The University of Miami (Miami, Fl) – $500,000
- The Urban Institute (Washington, D.C.) – $500,000
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Blacksburg, VA) – $363, 475
These grantees will use the $2.4 million in SCRG funding to fill key data and information gaps and to begin to developing and evaluating policy alternatives that communities can adopt to facilitate decision making about various investments. These investments include affordable housing development and preservation, transportation and infrastructure planning, healthy community design, and “green” and energy-efficient practices.
We look forward to seeing the results of their research.